Friday, March 28, 2008

My First Lets play music entry

I knew that once I committed to teaching lets play music I would be hooked!
It is the best thing I have ever done! I love seeing the development of my own children
as they PLAY music! All of the children I have had the opportunity to teach have been
Marvelous! I truly have a passion for teaching this....music theory gets lost in the repitition of
practicing the skill of whatever instrument a child is learning. This was true for my musical theory. I was so focused on learning the notes and timing, etc. that the meaning of the music, the why behind it was lost; only to be re-introduced through my oldest child while attending the lets play music class with him. There were many times I would sit in the class and think to myself..."wow! i wish i would have had this when i was younger" or "ooohhhh, that is what that is called" or that is what that is, etc. Whether your child goes on to be a fabulous skilled musician or simply has this curriculum introduced during their "music window" does not matter; they will both have a love for music and will develop some musical aptitude that will stay with them FOREVER~!

No comments: